Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Grown and Sexy: My Libido has a new theme song


One day, I hope to be fortunate enough to open a dance club. Not like the meat markets my friends try to drag me to. Do any other kinds exist anymore? I want my establishment to be a more energizing and intimate date night for couples than the de facto trendy restaurant. I want to bring live bands back to dance clubs. I want everyone ordering funky drinks that look cool and sound even cooler. I want to see people dressing up to get down. And I want some space. Is that too much to ask?

You're probably wondering why I felt like sharing this. Well, I keep a running list of songs that would make the cut in my dream establishment and I recently found two fun ones by the same artist. Finding two on the same album is very rare. Finding two by an artist that I had prejudged as a sappy suck-up to teen girls is even rarer. So, I have to give him his props: the voice is dope and the vibe is just what I'm after. Thank you Mr. Mraz for helping to keep my dream alive:

Jason Mraz - Coyote (My libido has a new theme song)
Jason Mraz - Butterfly

1 comment:

  1. I would just like you to wallow in your pre-judgment of the greatness that is Jason Mraz.

    No..wallow a bit more.. okay good.

    ReplyDelete