Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Game Time: The "Battle Room" is here


I can't wait to get my hands on Starcraft II. The crafty developers at Blizzard have somehow managed to avoid announcing a release date for this game, even though it's been on everyone's must have list since it was announced in 2007.

You might be asking yourself, what could possibly be so great about a game that someone who spends 65+ hours a week testing games could still go cuckoo over? I didn't understand it either at first. I thought it was just a lot of great childhood memories coming back. However, the more I think about it the more I realize how I'm not thinking about how much fun Starcraft used to be. I'm not even thinking about how much fun Starcraft II is going to be. I'm literally foaming at the mouth thinking about another shot at going head to head with some of the brightest tacticians and strategists in the world.

That's right, I said it. For those that don't know, Starcraft is more than a game. In fact, it is more than a sport. It is the stage for anyone and everyone to prove they have the mental dexterity to command battalions and wipeout others without physical violence. The place where children, men, and women alike can anonymously see if they could've made it as a Leonidas, Maximus, George Washington, etc... It is Orson Scott Card's "Battle Room" incarnate. The one I had sought my entire adolescence.

Yea, so.... I can't wait.

1 comment: